Saturday 21 July 2012

NOTD - ORLY 'Retro Red'

Today called for a cheerful colour on my nails so I picked 'retro red' from ORLY but I strongly question the name as neither in the bottle or on my nails does it look like it belongs in the red family. To me, it is much more a dark coral/orange but I admit in many online swatches it appears very red...perhaps it is a batch issue but whatever it is I LOVE the shade I have.

This hails from the ORLY 'Plastix' collection from all the way back in 2010, I was very lucky to receive it as a gift from my great American friend Brandi (@brandis72), as ORLY is not stocked in any of my local shops.
It was part of the new 'satin matte' formula ORLY launched, matte is too flat for me but this is spot-on. One coat is enough for me as the texture is nice and thick but not claggy, it glides on and dries very quick.
This colour is a regular on my fingers in the warmer months, it just screams 'Summer'.....even if it is raining as I type this!! ha!
EMMA X
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:NOTD - ORLY 'retro red'

No comments:

Post a Comment