Thursday 19 January 2012

Back and ready to blog!

Can hardly believe my last post was back in August 2010, so much has happened since then, not least I turned 30! You know, it wasn't so bad after all. I don't want to go into it all too much, want to keep my blog light-hearted, but medical issues blighted me in 2011 leading to me having to have a operation...well two really as  the first procedure left me with a abdominal abscess. Agony does not begin to cover the pain and the fact that it took weeks for surgeons to figure out what was up with me, lying in a hospital bed not knowing what was going on was not fun. Although the amount of dishy docs in that place was simply amazing, honestly it was like being on the set of a hospital drama. A south African Dr with gorgeous tanned skin and cute black curls was my crush, only once did he have to treat me but getting my blood taken that day was pure bliss and a memory a will never forget!

Fast forward, they found out the problem and I  had a second operation and life has been on the up ever since. This all took place in June and July so come my 30th in August I was just happy to be alive with all my friends and family around me...with make-up gifts for me of course!

So back to the light-hearted content.......

My love for make-up has not wained in my 30's, it has only got worse with the addition of  anti-ageing products to my stash. I don't care what anyone says, I can definitely see how age is catching up with my skin. I find it ridiculous that I can possibly have wrinkles (ok slight lines) and spots at the same time of life! I escaped break-outs during my teens but seem to have a permanent visitor on my forehead or/and chin. Perhaps my skin is changing and this is all par for the course...whatever it is I don't like it and will continue my search for a miracle product!

I hope someone out there is glad to have me back (!?) if not, I don't mind rambling on to myself, the need to tell someone how great a lipstick is or how bad a mascara works is just too much for me to keep to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment