Monday 10 May 2010

MAC- To the Beach Buys


Finally my order came! I ordered in the early hours of last Monday, usually it take 3 days to get to me in Ireland but it was a long 7 days this time. To the Beach is the first MAC collection in ages that I has had me lusting after it long before its release date. In fact I only knew it was available from MAY in the UK, no exact date so was very happy when I checked the site and there it was.

Had a hard time deciding what to go for, usually I have seen numerous reviews, swatches etc before purchasing but it was not possible this time with the collection launching in the UK first. So I came to the conclusion that none of the eyeshadows would get much wear from me, I had just ordered NARS bronzer and blusher (see post below) so they were ruled out.

In the end I went for-

*Lustre drops in 'Sun Rush'

*Bronzing Body Oil

*Lipglass in 'Flurry of Fun'

*Lipglass in 'Splashing'

*Lipstick in 'Lazy Day'

*Nail Lacquer in 'Scorcher'


All nice and pretty looking packaging...nice to have a summery colour rather than everything being dark.

On inital review I am loving 2 items,

1 I don't know what you do with it,

1 could be duped for much cheaper,

1 I am not sure if it is me

and the last 1 is a a let down...for now.

So the good- Instantly loved the lipstick, not too much of a stretch from another favourite of mine, Angel. 'Lazy Day' is a baby pink that really would be perfect to wear on a nice sunny day, feel it works best with a tan though. Might be too much for a really pale skin and be lost if you have dark skin. Gives a nice glossy finish to the lips, had to swipe it over my lips a few times to get a good colour pay-off but still a hit.




Second hit is the lipglass in 'Splashing', now I have a many blue/pink glosses, this one sits in the middle range of pink in the tube but is actually quite sheer, of course you could layer it up. Nowhere near babypink but not so deep it only works at night time.

Went for Lustre Drops in 'Sun Rush', a peachy bronze colour...they look lovely but to be honest I am not sure what I am actually meant to do with them! Thought this shade would suit my colouring best especially as I plan to pull out the fake tan soon.


Rubbed in-

Next up, 'Scorcher' Nail Lacquer, a coral/red colour that, this is a lovely colour but not as bright as I thought it would be. Whilist it is a great summer shade you could find a much cheaper dupe elsewhere...if I had tested it out instore I would not have purchased it. Oh and it definately need 2+ coats, the first coat was a watermelon shade.


I decided to go for 'Flurry of Fun' lipglass as it is not like any shade I own, MAC describes it as a Sheer sparkly peach. I was imagining peach sparkle but they are blue, this is the not sure product, just looked a bit too disco for me. I will try it again, perhaps over a lipstick...I imagine some people would look amazing wearing this but the jury is out for me.



And now for the biggest disapointment for me...the 'Bronze Body Oil', at the moment I am quite fair so maybe with a tan it would work better but it is just blah! I love a nice Tropical Island scent with this type of product but this is one has none. Of course this is a personal thing, other people might not want any scent taking away from their perfume but for me it is a must. Apart from the lack of scent, it did not do as much for my skin as I hoped for, when rubbed in it left a sheen but the colour pay-off minimal. I tried and tried to take a picture of it but could not get anything amazing...it definately did not bronze my skin...I will try it again over some false tan but for now it is just a bit of a let down!

                                                                     Looks promising-
                         Rubbed in.... there is a sheen but not as much as I had hoped for what I was expecting

                                                              
Over-all I am happy with my purchases, everything will definately be used but they won't make my top 10 list...I doubt I will repurchase anything. I love the lipstick and pink lipglass but will just move on to something similar, the orange packaging is great, pleased with that and as I say the items I am not sure off I will try again with different make-up, fake tan etc and I will report back any changed in my opinion of them.

2 comments:

  1. Personally I've never tried them, but I know a lot of people add a few drops of the Lustre Drops to their foundation to give them a glow. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks SabraRose, bit silly of me buying them without knowing the use! Will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete